Thursday, January 14, 2010

My very first Hifi Audio

Room Setup
Im glad to announce that i have officially own a hifi set, i have been looking for many months and years on a suitable setup for my room. I have one downstairs but thats for watching movies.
But this room set is different, place in my master room," current plan" so that me and my wife can spend time togather in the same room. Hifi is a kind of hobby that sometimes causes the hubby and the wife to be separated for about 7 to 6 hours when the enthusiast puts his or her ears into work. "listening to hifi," but i told my wife that i will put the setup into the master room first so that she also can be with me when i listen to music as well.

So What did i buy and why did i buy it?
I was visiting harry yesterday, like any other day, and he was installing a projector and we chit chat, spoke to some Campbell hifi kaki uncle. And then came, Mr Foo and his friend Syed. Syed was looking for something, So Mr Foo told Harry to put up the Polk audio 10b. So i told Syed very keng, bass kau kau, and you will love it.
We hooked it up and listen to some songs. I was at Harry's office desk surfing internet, not really bothered about the polk audio. Then Mr Foo asked a question, if i had visited Kl Audio Doctor Blogspot.
I said, yes, why not. So he proudly show me which was his setup, and it was Kajang Foo setup. A Ho's LS3/5A kaki. wow, what a small world. We chatted and he exchanged some info, Had a lot of chit chat. and most of all after listening to the Polk audio he ask to turn on the JPW mini monitor.

I was still not paying much attention about the Mini Monitor until Mr Foo, tap at my hand, eh, listen to this. So i stop and listened and when the music played, I was like Wow, Speechless, nothing that i wanted to comment, as i had nothing to comment, I was speechless..

It played so well, the bass was like i have never listen, the speed, and the vocal was like all in one package. Best of all, it was only using some cheap speaker cables, plus a simple Sansui Au 317 amp. Old amp, and Cd player was a So so Sony CD77 ES. The one i wanted to buy from Harry a long time ago, because of the 5 cd;s it can take, For my setup downstairs.


We crank the amp out loud till 12 o clock and the speaker went on, no signs of breaking down. Harry was worried it may blow the JPW mini monitor, but Mr Foo was saying, he was not worried about the speaker. Because he knew how much the speaker can handle, only thing can the amp handle the speaker. The amp will blow first before the speaker.
I was busy choosing my CD;s to test and listen to it, and i my mind was how does it sound like in this CD, this song , this track. I was Excited.

This was what i was looking for. MR Foo said, this speaker worth to buy and keep. Yes in fact it is. Because Mr Foo and his gang owns the same speaker.
So Said and Mr Foo listen and after that they went of.


After they left, i told Harry's worker to pack the speaker, the amp and the cd player up, im taking it. So harry was not really surprise, but was smiling at me and told said to me, you have eventualy found what you want, I'm a fussy person, i like listening to music, plus i have many criteria in a setup if it were to pass my gold standards. I dont have space, to speakers too big are not suitable for me. Plus i fell in love with Pink Triangle Ventrical, but it needed a lot of juice to push to make it shine.
JPW Mini Monitor was different, you have some juice, it will shine, good enough. Most amazingly i get the tramendous bass response that i have never some across in so far of my hif journey.


JPW mini monitor

I had made the right choice, i hope so far, and i was ennjoying the bass, treble, and vocal of the system. Fate or whatever you call it, " law of attraction"
I had Mr foo came into the shop, hooked the speaker up, not for me intentionally but im the owner now of this great small speaker.

Thank you MR Kajang Foo, visit www.klaudiodoctor.blogspot.com for more info




I cannot understand how a small speaker like this can produce sound like this, so i will have to venture into understanding why a speaker can be design in such a way to reproduce such sound that can make a person so crazy




I cannot believe it, the speaker just move, plus my amp is just a sansui amp, no big deal amp, plus a vintage one, also not a 100 watter, how come this speaker so dam keng?

I m just blowing myself away,

8 comments:

  1. i just cant wait to go home and listen to more of it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. so when u inviting me over to listen

    ReplyDelete
  3. great at least you can enjoy music now. get a subwoofer to go along with your jpw. i am sure you will take MC for few days just to listen music at home.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mr. Sonyman .
    Myname is chan , from Singapore , age 53 yrs old .
    I read yr profile and keen in also buying a pair of yr Ho`s LS3/5a speakers. I am a new bie in Hi Fi. Can you kindly advice me as where can I get a pair the the said speakers and what is the price . I look forward to yr reply .
    Million thanks / chan
    email : ebonii@inbox.com OR ebonii88@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. In principle, a good happen, support the views of the author

    ReplyDelete
  6. bcos ur vintage amp is excellent .. sansui 317 no play play.. u have one of the most original british made speaker that sounds analog too.keep them

    ReplyDelete