Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My KL home setup















This is my audio setup cum Hometheater in my house in Shah Alam, simple cheap and economical, it comes with a 42 inch LCD TV, and a 5.1 channel power amp, This is the heart of the Setup. As you can see, this is the power amp im using, very rare brand in our country, Ceratec, Penta 5, you probably never heard of it before, probably you have, but you couldn't remember where you have seen it.

This is a great amp, 80 watter x 5 channels, and it is a class D amp. This powers my Kef Coda 70, which was given down to me by my dad, where he had an updated pair of speakers for himself. Will talk about that next time.


















this is the picture that shows all the front setup, the right hand side is the subwoofer, cost really cheap was from my pc speaker, bought in lowyat plaza many many moons ago, i had 2 of these, but they really kick ass, only fail to give the 15 incher punch. it does the bass good and well done only missing the feel, hope to change soon, but i'm so reluctant as this subwoofer has followed me since college, that is like 8 years ago, so long still working so well,

as you can see, im more into a HTPC kind of guy, so i dont have those AVRs that you see in most ppls setup. I may go into AVR, but probably later.

As for the center channel, its the sonic gear soundbar 2000. also cheap stuff, computer in origin, but it produce real clearity in vocal and high frequency. why i bought it, thats because i was using a even more cheapo computer speakers, and this was a great improvement for it, so much better and clearer,

As for the decoder, i use a computer soundcard, this one does Dolby Digital, and DTS and it goes all the way to 7.1, bought like moons ago, and still keeping it, it is a Creative Audigy 2 ZS, it is really a kick ass soundcard which comes with a built in decoder. No software here all hardware decoding, So the souncard is my processor.

Stay tune and i will show you how does my HTPC interface look like , see YA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment